Grenfell Campus offers many on-campus employment opportunities for its students. Among these are the Student Work and Service Program (SWASP) and the Memorial University Career Experience Program (MUCEP). Detailed information re: the application process is available by emailing the Department of Student Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about these opportunities below.
In addition, Grenfell's HR Office is pleased to help faculty and staff with their research assistant/student hires. Inquiries for assistance may be directed to the HR manager.
The Student Work and Service Program (SWASP), funded by the Provincial Government of Newfoundland and Labrador, was designed to reduce the debt load of student parents, and to offer a valuable work opportunity where learned skills could be put to use and new ones strengthened. What does SWASP offer participants?
- A valuable work experience, applicable to their program of study and career objectives
- A tuition credit
- An opportunity to network; and to strengthen and develop skills
- Personal and professional development through workshops offered on resume, cover letter writing; interview tips; job search/networking; and more!
Who is eligible
Fall semester: funding is available to student parents enrolled at Memorial University.
Winter semester: funding is available to student parents enrolled at Memorial. (Should additional funding become available, this program will be available to non-parent students)
Spring Semester: Funding is available to both student parents and non-student parents (i.e.. ALL Memorial students are eligible)
Option A: 260 hours (full-time hours, only part-time students can apply);
$1400 tuition voucher, $1200 cash stipend
Non-Student parents can apply for this option only.
100 hours (part-time hours, part-time and full-time students can apply);
$1200 tuition voucher OR $750 tuition voucher, $450 cash stipend.
- I am an undergraduate student.
- I am registered in at least three credit courses (if I drop a course, I am no longer eligible for a MUCEP position).
- I have a 60% or above CUMULATIVE AVERAGE or a 60% or above average in my LAST 10 COURSES. (As a first-year student, you have attained a 60% cumulative average because of the admission average)
- I will not work more than 80 MUCEP hours this semester. I will complete only one of the following options during this semester:
- one 80 hour position ($1053)
- one 40 hour position ($527)
- two 40 hour positions ($527 each)