This two-day event will provide opportunities for participants to interact with industry experts and work on a startup idea with a team!
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- Pitches will revolve around challenges and opportunities in the forest industry in Western NL, presented by an opening panel of industry experts (see below).
- Participants will learn the Lean Business Model, and can use an array of design and fabrication tools to create and iterate a physical prototype.
- Check out the FULL AGENDA.
Industry experts panel: Challenges and opportunities in the forest industry in Western NL, presented by:
- Darren Pelley, VP and general manager of Corner Brook Pulp and Paper Ltd.
- Bill Dawson, executive director of the new Newfoundland and Labrador Forest Industry Association
- Kate Edwards, acting science director of the Atlantic Forestry Centre and adjunct professor at Grenfell
- Eric Young, director, Forest Engineering & Industry Services, provincial department Natural Resources
If you would like to be a mentor or judge for this exciting event, or for more information, contact:
Maria Kilfoil, PhD
Office of Engagement/Navigate