Grenfell offers three minors in the area of environmental science: the environmental science minor, the environmental science biology minor and the environmental science chemistry minor. These minors focus on the natural sciences and how they raise awareness and understanding of the environment. Courses explore a science-based focus that enables the understanding of reactions, mechanisms, diversity and impact on the environment, offering in-depth knowledge in two streams – chemistry and biology.
Learn more about Grenfell's environmental science program.
Environmental science minor
Students completing a minor in environmental science must complete 24 credit hours in the following courses:
- Biology 1001, 1002 and 2600 or chemistry 1200, 1001
- One of chemistry 2440 or environmental science 2261
- Additional 15 credit hours in science courses within the environmental science program of which at least six credit hours must be at the 3000 or 4000 level
Environmental science biology minor
- Biology 1001, 1002, 2010, 2122, 2600
- Three credit hours from environmental science 3110, 3130, 3131, 4131
- An additional six credit hours in courses with the environmental science designation of which at least three credit hours must be at the 3000 or 4000 level.
Environmental science chemistry minor
- Chemistry 1200, 1001, 2210, 2300 (or 2301), chemistry 2440
- Three credit hours from environmental science 3210, 3261, 4240
- An additional six credit hours in courses with the environmental science designation of which at least three credit hours must be at the 3000 or 4000 level