The historical studies minor is a window into the moments, years and centuries that have shaped today's world.
Historical studies explores the different ways in which western societies, cultures and nations have evolved from the days of Greece and Rome to the present. Historical studies students learn to research, discuss, communicate and engage an audience. You will learn how to investigate important issues and ideas, make sense of them, and critically evaluate them.
Students completing a minor in historical studies must complete 24 credit hours in the following courses:
- History 1100 and history 1101
- History 3840 (historical methods)
- One course (three credit hours) at the 3000 level in history
- One course (three credit hours) at the 4000 level in history
- Three additional courses (9 credit hours) in history
Learn more about our historical studies program.