(Undergraduate, graduate, post-doc, fellowships, certificates)
|BA, PhD Economics, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest|
(Up to 10 citations will be listed. More than 10 citations will be added as a pdf file.)
Chapters in Books
• "Costa Rica: A Champion of the UN-FAO Voluntary Guidelines for Sustainable Small-Scale Fisheries", 2016. In Implementation of the SSF Guidelines, S.Jentoft et al. (edit.), Springer International Publishing, Switzerland.
• "Environmental Studies Now", 2014. In Environmental Science for the Curious, editor, Kishor Vaidya, University of Canberra, Australia.
• "Whose fish is it anyway? Iceland's cod fishery rights", 2011. In World Small-Scale Fisheries. Contemporary Visions. Ed. Ratana Chuenpagdee, Eburon Delft.
Peer Reviewed Articles
• From Unjust Uneconomic Growth to Sustainable Fisheries in NL: The True Cost of Closing the Inshore Fishery of Ground Fish, published by "Marine Policy" (October 2014).
• Know, Live, and Let Live: Towards a Redefinition of the Knowledge-Based Economy – Sustainable Development Nexus, "Ecological Economics" 69 (2010): 1193-1201.
• "Household Willingness-to-Engage in Water Quality Projects in Western Newfoundland and Labrador: A Demand-Side Management Approach", Gabriela Sabau and Morteza Haghiri, "Water and Environment Journal" 22 (2008): 168-176.
|Current research projects and grants|
Active: Too Big to Ignore: global partnership for the future of small-scale fisheries. Canadian Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Partnership grant. Co-applicant (1 of 48) for Cdn $4.83 m ($2.5 m grant; $2.33 contributions) project (2012-2018) led by R Chuengpagdee, MUN, St. John's.
2016: Wellbeing and Sustainability. How are Newfoundlanders and Labradorians Doing? SSHRC/Vice-President's Research Grant, Project (2016-2017). Granted: $5,500
2015: The Future of Nature? SSHRC Connect Grant for the Future of Nature? International Conference, Grenfell Campus, September 10-13, 2015. Co-applicant with Sean McGrath (Philosophy, MUN) for CAD $50.000 (granted CAD $ 50.000).Co-applicant for the Cross Campus Initiative fund. Granted: $1250.
2014: Grenfell Vice-President Grant for research entitled: The Degree of Preparedness by Newfoundland Fisheries for the CETA Agreement: $1,500.