All students are encouraged to join the nursing society.
The objectives of the Nursing Society include:
• unify the nursing student body.
• liaise between nursing students, faculty, and other organizations (e.g. Canadian Nursing Students Association, a national student body).
• provide of a medium through which students can express their opinions
• contribute to student socialization.
The Nursing Society is also a way for you to enjoy your years as nursing students by attending extra-curricular activities sponsored by the society (for example, socials, conferences, fund-raising activities and community initiatives).
Each student has the opportunity to become a member of the Nursing Society. Meeting times are posted outside the Nursing Society office/lounge located on the third floor of the Nursing School. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend.
Nursing Society membership 2017-2018:
- President elect: Jamie Green
- Vice-president: Gabrielle Deveau
- Secretary: Alyssa Gosbee
- Treasurer: Daniel Luna
- Promotions coordinator: Emily Mews
- 1st year rep: Emily Hutchings
- 2nd year rep: Haley Williamson
- 3rd year rep: Whitney Shortall
- Fast track rep: Beverly Wheeler
- GCSU rep: Jenna Redding
Nursing Society membership 2016-2017:
Rebecca Aucoin, BN3 - President
Aimee Russell, BN3 - Vice President
Janella Bowers, BN3 - Secretary
Daniel Luna, BN1 - Treasurer
Rachel Valenti, BN2 - Promotions Coordinator
BN1 - Jenna Redding
BN2 - Jamie Green
BN3 - Laura Allen
Fast Track- Shantel Jones