Discovery Boat Tour
'Marine Station Family Boat Tour' — A Great Family Adventure!
In partnership with BonTours, we invite you to take an education packed boat tour of the central part of beautiful Bonne Bay fjord. The "MV BonTours" leaves from the ferry dock adjacent to the marine station. While enjoying exquisite scenery, you are sure to spot bald eagles and if lucky a whale or two. A knowledgeable marine interpreter will help you sample the deep, cold water below you, and collect plankton, some of the smallest creatures found inthe ocean. Then it's back to the marine station (dockside) for a closer look at some of the larger organisms living beneath the waves.
Click here for Departure Times, Prices and Reservation Information.
- Enjoy spectacular scenery - "where mountains meet the sea"
- Learn how ice has shaped the landscape around us
- Learn why Bonne Bay can support such a rich diversity of marine life
- Collect and examine fragile marine plankton, and learn about marine food webs
- Take an interactive aquarium tour of the Bonne Bay Marine Station
- Get your hands wet among the rocky shore creatures living in our touch tank
- Learn the importance of marine research.
For more information please call our front desk at 458-2874 or 458-2550.