How Do I Get the the Bonne Bay Marine Station?
The Bonne Bay Marine Station is located on the west coast of the island of Newfoundland. We are located in the community of Norris Point
surrounded by Gros Morne National Park
Where is Newfoundland and Labrador?
Newfoundland and Labrador (NL) is the most easterly province in Canada. It is comprised of the island of Newfoundland and, to the north, Labrador. Labrador is part of the mainland of Canada and borders the province of Quebec.
How to get to Norris Point?
Norris Point is a town of c.900 people, located on the north side of Bonne Bay, in Gros Morne National Park. Travel the Trans Canada Highway (Route 1) to Deer Lake. Travel north from Deer Lake on the Viking Trail (Route 430) for 60 km. Watch for the Norris Point and Parks Canada Visitor's Centre turnoff to your left. Two km past the Visitor's Centre, turn left into Norris Point. Drive through the community until you reach the Waterfront. Look to your right - you can't miss us!
Highway distances from the Bonne Bay Marine Station to:
- Toronto, ON - 2500 km (1500 miles)
- Halifax, NS - 800 km (480 miles)
- St. John's, NL - 700 km (420 miles) - St. John's Campus, MUN
- Port aux Basques, NL - 340 km (200 miles)
- Corner Brook, NL - 120 km (70 miles) - Grenfell Campus, MUN
- Deer Lake, NL - 60 km (35 miles)