Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Version HistoryVersion History







Scheduling Start Date


Scheduling End Date



Keeping, Jeffrey M

Contact E-Mail Address


Contact Name


Contact Picture


Rollup Image


Target Audiences

No targeting

Page Image


Page Content


5 steps to becoming a Grenfell Campus student 

1. Review the admission requirements, as well as the specific faculty, school, or program admission requirements and application deadlines that may apply (see below).
2. Inquire about transfer credits. If you have completed courses at another university, you may be able to transfer certain credits to Memorial. You can find more information on transferring credits from the Memorial University academic calendar.
3. Determine what supporting documentation is required along with your application for admission.
4. APPLY ONLINE or download a printable General Application form (both applications are the same).


  • If applying online, a supplementary application form is required when applying for visual arts or theatre - see below.
  • If applying by a paper application, a supplementary application form is required when applying for visual arts, theatre or nursing - see below.
5. Apply for on-campus accommodations. If you are interested in living on-campus, you must apply through Student Housing before March 1.


General application deadlines:

Fall semester March 1*
Winter semester October 1*
Spring semester February 1*



*Applications for some programs may still be accepted after these deadlines, as time and resources permit.

NOTE: Faculty/school application deadlines may also apply.

Supplementary applications and forms:
Fine arts (visual arts) - Due March 1 ( PDF 371kb )
Fine arts (theatre) - Due March 31 ( PDF 752kb )
Nursing - Due March 1



Single email policy in effect - students must have an active email account for communication with the Office of the Registrar. Permission to Register letters (with your registration time) and Enrolment Verification documents, etc., will no longer be mailed and will only be sent to activated email accounts. To set up your email account, go to

Complete your course registration through Memorial Self-Service. For detailed information refer to Undergraduate Registration Procedures.

If you have questions about appropriate course selection, contact the Registrar's Office at 709-637-6298 or 1-866-381-7022 or email us at



* NEW *

Step-by-Step Instructions

Setting Up Your E-mail Account

Memorial Self-Service - Guide for First Time Users

(Adobe Acrobat required)




Canadian High School Students:

- Successful completion of Grade 12 university preparation program (academic or advanced)

- Minimum overall average of 70 per cent complied from Grade 12 courses in English, Math, Laboratory Science, Social Science or modern or classical language and an elective (must achieve a passing grade in each individual course).

Please review the admissions chart for details of the required courses for your province.

Please note: If you are missing any of these requirements or require further information please contact the Registrar’s Office at

Transfer Students:

If you are applying from another post-secondary institution, you may be able to transfer credits to Memorial. Along with your application, you must submit an official transcript accompanied by a calendar description of the courses you have completed.

You can find more information about being a transfer student in the university calendar.

Mature Students:

In applying for mature student status, you must be 21 years of age or older. You will be required to submit proof of age; two letters of reference from persons competent to assess your ability to proceed with university studies; a letter outlining the grounds for requesting special consideration; and high school marks and marks from post-secondary institutions, if applicable. For more information please contact the Registrar's Office.

You can find more information about applying as a mature student in the university calendar​.​​​​

Summary Links



Article Date


Image Caption

Content Type: Article Page
Version: 14.0
Created at 9/20/2012 11:56 AM by Keeping, Jeffrey M
Last modified at 3/24/2015 9:37 AM by Parsons, Carolyn