Thank you for your interest in applying to Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland. We've included an overview here of the admission requirements, application procedures and deadlines for international applicants. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for admission as an international student, you must have graduated from a recognized university preparatory program with acceptable senior level courses in the five subject areas, normally: English, mathematics, a laboratory science, a social science, and one other subject area. An overall average equivalent to 70% is required for general admission. A higher average may be needed for competitive or faculty-specific programs.
General Certificate of Education (GCE) graduates are required to complete the GCE with a minimum average of "C" in five "O" level subject areas acceptable to the university committee on admissions. In addition, students are expected to complete two "A" level courses or four "AS" level courses with minimum grades of "C."
Students transferring from post-secondary institutions are required to be in good standing at the end of their final semester at their former institution.
Detailed informaation and specific requirements by country are found here.
1. Choose your area of interest and starting semester and then check the requirements, application deadlines and supporting documents needed at: www.mun.ca/apply.
2. Submit your application online at www.mun.ca/apply. For Grenfell Campus programs, be sure to specify Grenfell Campus as your campus of choice. Include the application fee of $100.
3. Submit supporting documents to: Office of the Registrar, Memorial University, St. John's, NL, A1C 5S7.
Documents required for general admission are:
- interim transcripts for all high school, college and university courses in progress at the time of application,
- final, official transcripts for all completed high school college and university courses, course outlines (transfer students only),
- proof of English language proficiency or application to Intensive English Program.
- A supplementary application and associated forms are required for the following Grenfell Campus programs: education, theatre, visual arts and nursing.
Fall semester March 1*
Winter semester October 1*
Spring semester February 1*
Most deadlines for programs that require a supplementary application (i.e. admission may be limited or competitive) are strictly followed. But you can apply for general admission after the deadline and will be considered for admission to any faculties or programs that are open after the deadline. You may also apply for general admission with an undeclared program.
International applications are not normally accepted following early June for the fall semester or after the application deadline for winter or spring due to the time required to complete the application, admission, and study permit/visa application processes. International applicants are advised to apply at least three months before the start of the semester which they would like to join.
Faculty/school application deadlines also apply.
Grenfell Campus programs supplementary applications, forms and deadlines:
Fine arts (visual arts) - Due March 1
Fine arts (theatre) - Due March 31
Nursing - Due March 1
A separate application is required for student housing. Apply by March 1 to qualify for the housing guarantee: www.grenfell.mun.ca/res
Single email policy
Students must have an active @mun.ca email account for communication with the Office of the Registrar. Permission to Register letters (with your registration time) and Enrolment Verification documents, etc., will no longer be mailed and will only be sent to activated @mun.ca email accounts. To set up your @mun.ca email account, go to my.mun.ca.
Complete your course registration through Memorial Self-Service. For detailed information refer to Undergraduate Registration Procedures.
If you have questions about appropriate course selection, contact the Registrar's Office at 709-637-6298 or 1-866-381-7022 or email us at email@example.com.
* NEW *
(Adobe Acrobat required)