Navigate Up
Sign In
Home | Contact A | A

 Current Students Frequently Asked Questions

Skip Navigation LinksGrenfell Campus / Registrar's Office / Academic Advising / Current Students Frequently Asked Questions
How many years will it take me to finish my degree?

A typical course load for a student for one year is 30 credit hours. Many programs require 120 credit hours of courses. Therefore, if you are taking a full course load, it will take four years to complete most degree programs. Note: Some professional and co-op program may reqire more time to complete.

How do I declare my major?

You must complete a Declaration/Change of Academic Program form for most Grenfell degrees.Some degree programs require a faculty application. These include; Bachelor of Fine Arts (Visual Arts or Theatre), Bachelor of Nursing, Bachelor of Education (Primary Elementary) - Consecutive Delivery (offered by the Faculty of Education), advanced standing in the Bachelor of Business Administration program.

When should I declare my major?

You should declare your major as soon as you decide which degree program you are completing. Declared students receive advice from program chairs who can provide timely and accurate information about degree requirements and future course offerings. Also, you will gain access to courses that are reserved for students in your degree program.

street address:

Grenfell Campus
Memorial University

20 University Drive
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 5G4

mailing address:

Grenfell Campus
Memorial University

PO Box 2000
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 6P9

email addresses:

For questions about the university:

For questions about the website:

For technical support questions:


Switchboard: 1-709-637-6200

Student Recruitment: 1-888-637-6269

Registrar: 1-866-381-7022