Sign In
Home | Contact A | A


Skip Navigation LinksGrenfell Campus / Registrar's Office / Transfer Students
Welcome Transfer Students​

Are you currently attending, or have you in the past attended, another recognized university or college? If so, you should select the correct category on the application for admission. You are encouraged to review Memorial University's regulations related to transfer credit in the Admissions section of the General Regulations in the University Calendar​ as well as the information below.

​​Click on the appropriate category to find the instructions on becoming a Grenfell Student.


​​Already a MUN Student?

Great news.  Current Memorial students (registered in current or previous two semesters) can move freely between the St. John's campus and Grenfell Campus.  You are already a MUN student and eligible to take courses on either campus.   It is important to recognize that the programs delivered on each campus are unique.  This means you should always consult an academic advisor to determine how changing your campus will effect your program.  

Current students do NOT need to apply to come to Grenfell Campus.  By registering for courses on the Grenfell Campus during your regular registration window you automatically become a Grenfell student.  

Students should declare a program as early as possible.  Once you have completed this form forward it to the Registrar's Office at Grenfell and it will be sent to the appropriate faculty for signature and processing.

Students should be aware that student housing on each campus operate as their own entities.  Grenfell has nearly 600 single room shared-accommodations and students should apply​ as on-campus housing is usually in high demand.  

​​​​​​​​​​​The Grenfell Campus of Memorial University has some unique articulation agreements with College of the North Atlantic.  If you have completed an articulated program you will be given a block transfer of courses towards a university degree.  If you have taken courses in a program which is not articulated you will still be eligible to have those courses evaluated on a course-by-course basis to determine if they have Memorial University equivalencies. 

Transcripts submitted by students are considered unofficial unless it is not possible to obtain an official transcript from another institution which must be confirmed by the Office of the Registrar. In such cases, a notarized copy supplied by the student may be accepted.

We will want transcripts from ALL post-secondary institutions you have attended.  We also require an official version of your high school transcript. ​

For students currently attending another institution, an interim official transcript is required in advance of the final official transcript in order to begin the assessment of eligibility for admission and transfer credit.

Throughout the process of evaluating your transcript we may require you to provide additional information: 

Course Descriptions/Outlines

Calendar descriptions for all courses completed are required for the transfer credit evaluation process. These are normally available (and thus do not need to be sent by the student) from online calendars published by Canadian institutions. Students transferring from Canadian institutions where online calendar course descriptions are not available should send photocopied calendar course descriptions to the Office of the Registrar.

For universities or colleges outside of Canada, detailed course outlines are normally always required and should be sent to the Office of the Registrar directly by an appropriate official at the institution in question.

Course descriptions/outlines must be taken from the appropriate calendar year(s) for each course completed. Photocopies are acceptable but must be taken directly from the calendar.

English Translation

All documents required for admission and transfer credit eligibility must be in English. Translated documents must be notarized.​


street address:

Grenfell Campus
Memorial University

20 University Drive
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 5G4

mailing address:

Grenfell Campus
Memorial University

PO Box 2000
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 6P9

email addresses:

For questions about the university:

For questions about the website:

For technical support questions:


Switchboard: 1-709-637-6200

Student Recruitment: 1-888-637-6269

Registrar: 1-866-381-7022