Why should I have a background in Earth Sciences?
The following are examples of professions that require a knowledge of various aspects of earth sciences (geosciences):
- Geology Cities and parks planning
- Engineering (petroleum, mining, civil) Environmental law
- Environmental science Remote sensing/GIS Atmosphere science/climate Geography
- Geophysics Science teaching
- Geochemistry Oceanography
- Planetary science Natural resources management Military Geomathematics/computer software design
- Hydrogeology Tourism/outdoor recreation
- Soil science/agriculture
For information on career choices in geosciences, try the following websites:
Lab Learning Resources
Available for the Earth Sciences 1000 & 1002 courses at Sir Wilfred Grenfell College are three interactive learning resources or network sites:
- Earth Science 1000 Lab Rocks
- Earth Science 1000 Lab Minerals
- Geology 1 (structural geology and 3-D interpretation)
- Topographic maps
Each learning resource or site can be accessed from the Grenfell Campus
website by clicking the "Start" button, along with the following steps:
- Click "Start" button (lower left corner of screen)...
- General Network Applications...
- Earth Science...