Steps To Success
The Learning Centre is offering students the opportunity to participate in our Steps To Success program – a program designed to help students become more successful in university.
The Steps To Success program will sharpen study, learning, and organizational skills, and help students connect with other students, staff, and campus services. It will ensure they get the most out of university, allow them to adjust to post-secondary, and support them on campus.
It will begin with a 1 day Learning Boot Camp on January 9th, featuring sessions on a variety of academic and learning topics including:
- How to develop effective study habits - note taking, exam preparation and test taking
- Time and stress management skills
- Strategies for personal success
- Ways to get involved on campus
- Information about campus resources
Following the completion of the Learning Boot Camp, students will be assigned a Student Mentor who will:
1. Make weekly contact with each student participant
2. Assist students with course related questions, study strategies, and campus concerns
3. Conduct group study sessions specific to courses in which the students are enrolled
There is no fee to register.
In order to register, please complete and submit the Steps To Success online registration form by clicking the link below.
Registration is now closed. Thank you.
AS 270 – Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland
20 University Avenue
Corner Brook, Newfoundland, CANADA
September - May: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
June - August: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Evenings and weekends as required