Navigate Up
Sign In
Home | Contact A | A

 Liquor Services

Skip Navigation LinksGrenfell Campus / Student Services / Liquor Services

Memorial University of Newfoundland holds one liquor license, which covers all university campuses and functions, including pubs and bars (and all on-campus activities where alcohol is served).

Whenever student groups, faculty or staff are planning an event on campus where alcohol may be present, the safety of patrons is paramount.  There are university guidelines around the purchase and serving of alcohol which must be considered very carefully.

At Grenfell, Student Services is responsible for informing event planners of these guidelines and ensuring that they are followed.  Please consult Student Affairs Officer, AS 234 D, 637-6249, when planning any alcohol related events.  A liquor approval form must be completed at least five days prior to holding any alcohol related event.  These forms are available at Student Services.

Grenfell Campus Student Union is responsible for providing liquor service during all on campus functions.  Organizers can contact a GCSU General Manager, AS 276 B, 637-6200 ext. 6146 when making arrangements for satellite bar service or planning social events within the licensed areas of the GCSU Backlot Pub and Patio and/or the GCSU Food Court.

Students who serve alcohol at either an alcohol related event or as a bartender in the Backlot, must complete a Server Intervention Program.  This is coordinated through Student Services. Students can contact Student Services about this program.

street address:

Grenfell Campus
Memorial University

20 University Drive
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 5G4

mailing address:

Grenfell Campus
Memorial University

PO Box 2000
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 6P9

email addresses:

For questions about the university:

For questions about the website:

For technical support questions:


Switchboard: 1-709-637-6200

Student Recruitment: 1-888-637-6269

Registrar: 1-866-381-7022