Grenfell A.C.C.E.S.S.- Mentoring Program
The Grenfell A.C.C.E.S.S. Mentoring Program is designed to create opportunities for students explore their occupational options. Students are connected with committed professionals in the workplace to gain firsthand knowledge and experience in a field of interest. Mentors can share information about their occupations and offer practical career related experience and advice. This program will bridge the gap from education to the workplace.
The program will allow Students to:
- Explore occupational fields of interest
- Gain firsthand knowledge and experience in a profession
- Create realistic career goals and develop an effective career path
- ain confidence in their ability to connect with potential employer
- Develop valuable employment networks
The program will provide Mentors with the opportunity to:
- Impact the career plans of students
- Provided professional information and advice
- Promote their professions
The Grenfell A.C.C.E.S.S. Mentoring Program connects Grenfell students with a volunteer career mentor from the community. You and your individually-matched student work together during a semester to help students explore their occupational options and fields of interest.
Employers, as a professional, you have the opportunity to become a positive influence in a student’s career and education decision-making.
Commitment from Student & Mentor:
- Program is offered each semester. Mentorship will be from either Sept-Dec or Jan-April
- Min of 4 hrs per month (although student can volunteer up to 12 hrs per month if needed)
- Voluntary, no pay and no cost involved
- Non-credit program
If interested you are interested in becoming a student participant or a mentor, please email Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Career Services- MENTOR or call 709-637-2189