Sign In
Home | Contact A | A

 Frequently Asked Questions



Accessibility services at Grenfell Campus through ACES


Q. Who can access Accessibility Services through ACES?
A. All requests for accommodations must be based on need.  ACES will provide access to prospective and current students at Grenfell Campus whose disabilities involve conditions affecting mobility, vision, hearing, learning (disabilities), chronic illnesses, or mental health. Support is also provided to students with temporary illnesses or injuries.

Q. Is funding available to pay for special services students might need?
A: There are a number of financial aid programs available to students with disabilities to help cover additional expenses such as adaptive technology, special equipment, or support services such as tutors.

Q. What accessibility services are available for students with disabilities to assist them in their academic pursuits?
A: Academic accommodations include, but are not limited to, specified extra time, quiet location, reader, scribe, word processor, adaptive technology, coloured paper, etc.
Other services provided include: campus orientation, wheelchair desks, and note-taking assistance.

Q. Are there services available for students with disabilities who are taking distance education courses?
A. Yes, accessibility services are available for students with disabilities who are taking distance education courses. Students should contact Student Services the Learning Centre prior to registration to discuss their specific needs.

Q. What are the steps for booking test/exam accommodations?
A: Information on how to book semester tests or final exams can be found in the How To Apply section.

Q. How do students let their instructors know they need academic accommodations and services?
A: At the beginning of every semester, students who are planning to use the services must identify themselves to ACES staff.  An Intake Interview is conducted and, if approved for exam accommodations, staff will prepare a Test/In-class Assignment Form for every course the student is registered in and is requesting an academic accommodation. The form, once signed by the student, is given to the student to distribute to their professor(s). Students are strongly encouraged to meet with their professor(s) to discuss the arrangements outlined on the form.

street address:

Grenfell Campus
Memorial University

20 University Drive
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 5G4

mailing address:

Grenfell Campus
Memorial University

PO Box 2000
Corner Brook, NL
A2H 6P9

email addresses:

For questions about the university:

For questions about the website:

For technical support questions:


Switchboard: 1-709-637-6200

Student Recruitment: 1-888-637-6269

Registrar: 1-866-381-7022