Application Process and Deadlines
It is important to know that applying to live on campus is separate from the general university application process. If you and a friend want to room together be sure to complete step 13 on the application form and we will try to accommodate your request. If you don’t list a specific person, or you do not have any confirmed roommates, you will be assigned a roommate based on your lifestyle preferences.
- Apply online and pay the online $20 housing application fee by March 1. Applications received after the deadline will be processed as time permits.
- Once the housing application is received, an automated email will be sent to the prospective student confirming receipt of the application and fee.
- Notification of first years students’ housing application status is emailed in mid-March. Notification of returning/transfer students' housing application status is emailed in late April/early May. If you are accepted into Student Housing, and choose to accept this offer, a deposit/confirmation fee of $500 must be paid within a three week period of receiving your acceptance email. This deposit will be credited toward your Student Housing fees when you arrive in September. Failure to cancel an Offer of Accommodations before the indicated deadline on your acceptance email will result in the forfeiture of the deposit/confirmation fee.
- Students who receive an Offer of Accommodations will be given approximately 3 weeks to pay the deposit/confirmation fee.
- Room assignments are emailed out in late July informing students about their room/Chalet apt numbers, and their roommates. Further assignments are made based on cancellations.
New students and a small number of students at large live in the Residence. The chalets accommodate transfer students, students at large, and families.
New students who meet the housing admission criteria will be placed in the Residence and the new Residence Complex.
If the number of eligible transfer students and students at large exceeds the number of beds available, students are awarded rooms based on a lottery draw that gives everyone an equal opportunity to live on campus.
College of the North Atlantic (CNA) students who apply before May 1st are eligible for 1 of the 23 rooms that are designated for CNA students in the new Residence Complex.