The Summer Bridging Program will provide students with instruction in academic skills that will increase their chances for success in university-level courses, including:
- instruction and practice in the critical reading skills needed for reading university level textbooks
- instruction and practice in the writing skills needed to produce well-formulated essays and research papers
- instruction in methods of studying university-level mathematics
- instruction and practice in basic academic skills such as note-taking, time management and preparation for examinations
- an introduction to the nature of the university, what the university expects of students, and the programs and resources available at the university
In addition to classroom instruction, there will be numerous exercises and assignments. As well, a number of extracurricular cultural and recreational activities will be organized.
No textbook will be required for the course. Instead, a number of reserve readings will be placed in the Library. Students will be required to complete the reserve readings.