Let's work together better.
Commitment to our internal and external communities is a priority at Grenfell. Since the beginnings of Memorial's Western Regional College, our students, faculty and staff have created relationships with our surrounding communities.
Through this strategic planning process, Grenfell hopes to engage campus and university units, public partners and individuals to create and reinvigorate collaborations, interdisciplinary and experiential learning experiences for our students, and community opportunities for development. To us, engagement – whether on-campus, pan-university or out in our communities – means creating mutually beneficial experiences, research projects and collaborations with our students, faculty, staff and the communities across our region.
Process: Grenfell Campus Strategic Plan
Together we will develop a comprehensive strategic plan that builds on Grenfell Campus' strength and unique identity. Throughout each phase of the strategic planning process, the steering committee will consult with the internal and external communities for significant input.
The process relies heavily on the various conversations and discussion we will have with faculty, staff, students, alumni, surrounding communities and our international audiences. Campus and community sessions, submissions to the website, and responses to calls for feedback are a few ways we hope to gain more insight to our future.
- Steering committee announced and working groups formed
- Strategic planning process formulated
- Environmental assessment with internal community
- Public consultations throughout western NL
- Discussions with international audiences
- Develop measurable objectives and milestones
- Consult with internal and external communities on objectives and milestones
- Develop implementation and monitoring mechanisms
- Consult with internal and external communities on implementation plan and monitoring mechanisms
- Working groups hand over final observations to steering committee
- Draft strategic plan document
- Share draft of strategic plan and gain feedback through online submissions, email, and consultation sessions
- Finalize strategic plan document
- Present final strategic plan to Campus Council
- Launch new Grenfell Campus Strategic Plan
*This timeline has been developed to help guide the strategic planning process and is subject to change at any time.