Engagement Award Information
The Grenfell Campus Engagement Awards are awarded annually to a student, staff member and faculty member to acknowledge their engagement in their communities.
The Engagement Awards will consist of:
A certificate awarded by the Vice-President, Grenfell Campus at the annual Faculty/Staff Service Awards Ceremony;
A cash award of $500; and
A public display on Grenfell Campus with the recipients’ names and date of award.
The nominee is engaged in the their community
The nominee has a demonstrated knowledge of one or more of the following:
Service or experiential learning;
Community-university learning opportunities; and/or
Other categories or related areas.
The nominee encourages others around them to become engaged
The nominee effectively communicates and provides support to others
The nominee demonstrates strong leadership and teamwork skills
The nominee partners with community organizations
Candidates for these annual awards may be nominated by Grenfell faculty/staff members, students, alumni or a members of the surrounding communities. Nominations should be submitted to the Grenfell Office of Engagement as per directions below. The nominator is responsible for completing and submitting the nomination form. Nominations should be confidential and nominees should not be made aware of their nomination. Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Nominations can be completed, in confidence, here.
2020 competition deadlines
Nominations due: Friday, Feb. 19, 2021, 5 p.m.
Award presentations: To be held during the week of Spring Convocation; date TBC
Past recipients of the Grenfell Campus Vice President's Engagement Award are:
- 2015 - Charlotte Jones - Staff
- 2015 - Louise McGillis - Faculty
- 2015 - Crystal Rose - Faculty
- 2016 - Melanie Callahan - Staff
- 2016 - Lindey Touzel - Student
- 2016 - Jacqueline Walsh - Faculty
- 2017 - Ingrid Mary Percy - Faculty
- 2017 - Kelly Anne Butler - Staff
- 2017 - Bethany Bernier - Student
- 2018 - Sien Van Den Broeke - Student
- 2018 - Steven Day - Staff
- 2018 - Brett Holfeld - Faculty
- 2019 - Marilyn Forward - Staff
- 2019 - Renate Pohl - Faculty
- 2019 - Dr. Sonya Corbin-Dwyer - Faculty
- 2019 - Dr. Jennifer Buckle - Faculty
- 2019 - Lucas Knill - Student
- 2019 - Toni Leamon - Student