ACCESS Mentoring Program
The A.C.C.E.S.S. (Attaining Career Connections to Encourage Student Success) program is an 8-week experiential learning mentoring opportunity designed to bridge the gap from education to the workplace. Each term the program selects ten students who are in their 3rd or 4th year to be placed with professional mentors in their field of interest or area of study. The goal of this nationally awarded mentoring program is to provide students with an opportunity to gain first-hand knowledge and experience as well as to develop their skills while learning from someone else's experiences. Students are required to commit to a minimum of 2 hours per week over a 6 or 8-week period; however, the schedule is relatively flexible. There are no after hour commitments or evaluation procedures.
As a mentoring participant with A.C.C.E.S.S, I will:
• Demonstrate a commitment to the standards of business practice;
• Commit to the time we have arranged. Be dependable and on time. Will inform mentor if unable to make it (with good reason)
• Wherever possible, encourage reflective thinking and cooperative problem-solving;
• Value and appreciate what each of us brings to the mentoring relationship:
• Respect the confidentiality of the information shared with me;
• Support a climate of trust and genuineness in the mentoring relationship that will ensure that my mentor is able to speak and act in the best interests of career development and personal growth without fear of negative consequences;
• I agree that this placement is 100% voluntary and will not be compensated for my time worked
Then put a link to the application form for fall 2019. It should read, "If you would like to register for the ACCESS Mentoring Program during the Fall of 2019, please complete and submit your application to email@example.com. Spaces are limited to ten students per term (3rd and 4th year students only).