Every year the Grenfell Campus awards the Engagement Award in three categories:
The qualifications required for the award are as follows:
- The nominee is engaged in the their community
- The nominee has a demonstrated knowledge of one or more of the following – collaboration; service or experiential learning; embedding engagement; social advocacy; engaged research; community-universitylearning opportunities; etc.
- The nominee encourages others around them to become engaged
- The nominee effectively communicates and provide support to others
- The nominee must demonstrate strong leadership and teamwork skills
- The nominee partners with community organizations
Every fall a call is sent out for nominations via email to all staff, faculty and students.