We're excited to welcome you to celebrate our 20th anniversary on Aug. 19 - 20, 2022.
Friday, August 19, 2022
6 p.m. onward Head over to the Cat Stop for some tunes and refreshments. There is no cost to attend this event.
Saturday, August 20, 2022
9:30 – 11:30 a.m. 20th Anniversary breakfast
Share your memories of Bonne Bay Aquarium & Research Station while hearing from our Johnson Insurance keynote speaker
Dr. Phil Manning, Chair of Natural History and Director of the Interdisciplinary Centre for Ancient Life at the University of Manchester (UK).
He has researched, designed and help build exhibitions on the evolution of life on Earth, which are often-focussed on dinosaurs (including ‘Walking with Dinosaurs’ that was opened by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth in 2000). Prof. Manning has written, presented and been co-producer on multiple television documentaries for National Geographic Channel, BBC, History Channel and other networks around the globe.
Fiona Cuthbert, Faculty of Science, Memorial University, will emcee our event. A full breakfast will be served and we will be hosting a children's craft hour during the keynote speaker.
Tickets are $15 per person.
Dining locations in Norris Point
Accommodations and travel
Hotel Room Blocks
The Tides Inn - please contact them directly and quote the 20th anniversary weekend to book as part of the block
Deluxe King Suites - $159
Oceanview Hotel in Rocky Harbour - please contact them directly and quote the 20th anniversary weekend to book as part of the block
3 Garden View Queen - $179
1 Garden View Double Double - $179
2 Exec Suites with 1 King and and sofa bed - $269
Travelling from outside of Newfoundland?
• The booking is to be made to the following city: Deer Lake, YDF (NL)
• The travel period begins Friday, August 12, 2022 and ends Sunday, August 28, 2022.
• Travel is valid Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
• For North America 5% applies on standard fares, 10% on flex fares & higher. For International Travel 10% on standard fares & higher.
• However, all bookings made using the promotion code will count toward the minimum 10 passenger requirement for Meetings and Conventions events.
Parking will be available at the Bonne Bay Aquarium & Research Station.