In partnership with BonTours, we invite you to join one of our student interpreters on an education-packed boat tour of the central part of beautiful Bonne Bay fjord.
The comfortable, family-friendly boat is used to help you sample the deep cold waters of Bonne Bay, and sample the tiny plankton that are so important to the food chain. Our knowledgeable interpreter will help you with the collections, tell you about the natural history of the bay, and bring you back to the Public Aquarium to give you a tour of the larger residents of Bonne Bay that we keep in the aquarium.
The boat tour will take you past some of the most beautiful views in Bonne Bay, and if you are lucky you might spot bald eagles or even a whale or tuna.
- Enjoy spectacular scenery "where mountains meet the sea".
- Find out how ice has shaped the landscape around us.
- Learn how Bonne Bay can support such a rich diversity of marine life.
- Collect and examine fragile marine plankton, and learn about marine food webs.
- Take an interactive tour of the Public Aquarium.
- Get your hands wet among the rocky shore creatures living in our touch tank.
- See the importance of marine research.
Make your reservation through BonTours. If you would like to know more about the tour, please speak to our front desk staff at the Aquarium or give us a call at (709) 458-2874 or (709) 458-2550.