Pierre N. LeBlanc, BSc, BAV (Moncton), MFA (Concordia)
Associate professor - Visual Arts, School of Fine Arts
Phone: (709) 639-2510
In 1991, the Commission GEDEON Commission was born. The C.G.C. is the agent provocateur of Mr. LeBlanc's cultural enterprises. It offers a philosophical space that allows for the incorporation of the ideas and the identities of the artist and his processes. The C.G.C. encompasses the young artist's influences, his inspirations coming mostly from literary, cinematographic and televisual spaces. The C.G.C. seeks to eliminate the cult of the personality, the ivory tower and the notion of the absolute originality of the creator of visual culture.
The Commission GEDEON Commission has exhibited work in Acadie, Québec, Ontario, France and the United States.
Since 1992, Pierre N. LeBlanc has taught photography, printmaking and digital imaging first at Concordia University, then at the Université de Moncton and today at Grenfell Campus, the west coast campus of Memorial University of Newfoundland.
Representative scholarly contributions
- 2020 - Resident Artist, Twillingate Digital Arts Festival
- 2019 - Establishment of Gedeon Commission on BandCamp
- 2017 - Resident Artist, Haukijarvi, Finland, Arteles “Silence + Existence + Awareness”
Current research projects and grants
- Currently studying electronics applied to sound art, visual art programming and performance.
Honours, graduate and post-graduate supervision
- Graduate supervision: Anie Toole M.F.A.