This virtual course will provide an opportunity for individuals new to leadership roles, or those wishing to obtain a leadership position, to gain a foundational understanding of leadership by enhancing your leadership knowledge and skills. Topics include: Leadership styles, Management vs. Leadership, Leadership Communications, Change Management, Decision Making, Setting SMART goals, Conflict Resolution and Building an Effective Team. Each participant will also develop their own personal leadership statement to guide them as emerging leaders within their organization.
- Gain an understanding of what leadership is and is not
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Evaluate your personal motivations for leadership
- Understand a variety of leadership styles
- Discuss the basic tenets of key leadership including change management, team building, decision making, communications, goal setting and conflict resolution
- Develop a personal leadership philosophy
Facilitator: Dr. Shawna Matthews
8 Thursdays: March 10-April 28, 2022, 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m.
Register online today!
To pay cash, debit or check, please select "Offline Payment" and payment options will be provided via email.
Tuition Assistance Available
The Canada – Newfoundland and Labrador Job Grant Program provides financial assistance to private and non-profit employers to offset the cost of providing training to new or current employees. Employers can access up to $15,000 in government support for employee training per trainee! More information on the funding application can be found here.