Accommodation is a
shared process. There can be many solutions to different barriers to
your participation, and we will work creatively with you to find the
most effective, efficient, and equitable solutions.
- review the Policy on Academic Accommodations for Students with Disabilities;
- notify the university, through the Learning Centre, with appropriate medical or other documentation, of your need for academic accommodation due to a disability;
- participate in their individual accommodation planning by providing information to advisors and staff regarding their accommodations;
- communicate their accommodation plan to their instructors, faculty administration, and others, as appropriate, and where classroom learning/evaluation accommodations are needed, with as much advance notice as possible;
- work with the Learning Centre to ensure their plan is updated, as appropriate.