Thinking of applying?
Any student who is eligible to go on exchange is allowed to do so for one or two semesters. Before students consider applying, there are some criteria that must first be met. Students must be registered as a full time student at Grenfell Campus with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA (cumulative) and must be in clear academic standing. A minimum of 30 credit hours must be complete prior to going on exchange. Costs associated with the exchange program i.e. tuition (paid to Grenfell Campus), transportation, housing, food, spending money, etc. are the student’s responsibility. Student must act as ambassadors of Grenfell and represent their university, province, and country. Students must not have had any violations of the student code of conduct, or be the subject of an ongoing investigation by student housing, campus enforcement, and/or student code of conduct at the time of application for an exchange program. Students must not have any outstanding fees owed to Memorial University at the time of application for an exchange program.
- Email email@example.com to set up a meeting to discuss options.
- Obtain the application package from the exchange coordinator.
- Submit your application and supporting documents. The deadline is mid-September for Winter semester exchange, and early February for Fall semester exchange.
- 1 reference (preferably academic)
- An exchange justification essay (1000-1500 words) outlining the reasons for wanting to study abroad (personal, professional, academic), the reasons for selecting your top three partner institutions, the steps required to obtain the proper visa/study permit for your destination, an expense table showing the expected expenses for your time abroad.
- Answers to three scenario questions (questions will be provided to you upon request)
- An up-to-date resume
- A copy of your unofficial transcript
*Once the complete application has been received and reviewed and the student is deemed eligible for exchange, the student will then continue the application process for the host institution (apply to host institution, apply for housing at host institution, etc.).