▼ eResources

Grenfell Campus
Menu Button
Default Interior


Student Housing

When should I apply for Student Housing?

First year students are guaranteed a Student Housing acceptance if they apply prior to March 1. Returning students are encouraged to apply by March 31. CNA students are asked to apply prior to May 1. Please note that all acceptance correspondence is sent by email; students are encouraged to check the email address used to log into your StarRez application on a regular basis. 

I’m planning to attend College of the North Atlantic (CNA). Can I still apply to Student Housing at Grenfell Campus?

Student Housing at Grenfell Campus reserves 23 room spaces for CNA students as per an agreement with the Newfoundland and Labrador government. The deadline to apply is May 1 and we typically receive upwards of 70 applications for those spaces. After May 1, a lottery draw will be completed to determine who will be accepted. 

I’m planning to attend Academy Canada. Can I still apply to Student Housing at Grenfell Campus?

Students studying at Academy Canada can apply to live with Student Housing, however our priority is to ensure that students studying at Grenfell Campus are offered acceptances. Should we have spaces available in late August/early September, we will certainly reach out to students from Academy Canada. We suggest looking for off-campus accommodations. 

Does Student Housing offer accommodations to individuals not currently enrolled in classes?

To live with Student Housing, individuals must be registered students. If you are looking to book accommodations during the Spring/Summer and will not be a registered student, you will need to arrange your stay with Conference Services. 

I would like to request alternative accommodations for Fall. What should I do?

Students who would like to apply for alternative accommodations should first apply to Student Housing on the StarRez portal. Students are able to access the alternative accommodations form the online Student Housing Application form. Students must print and complete the form with their medical professional. Please submit documents to the Learning Centre prior to June 15. You will need to reapply for Student Housing and alternative accommodations for each academic year. 

When will I be notified of my room assignment for the Fall semester?

Room and roommate selection will be in early July. Please check your @mun email address for updates on room selection time slots.

Will there be a Resident Assistant in my area?

There are 16 Resident Assistants and Chalet Advisors who live and work with Student Housing each semester. Our student staff members will help students transition to Student Housing and living in a communal environment. Your Resident Assistants and Chalet Advisors plan events throughout the semester to promote community in your area. 

I haven’t lived with others before, what items should I discuss with my roommate(s)?

Some important conversation points to discuss early in the semester include: cleaning agreements, noise, guests, use of communal items, etc. 

Where can I find the expectations and regulations for Student Housing? 

Our regulation booklet can be found here.

Can I request a room switch if I prefer a different location/roommate?

Please email grenfellhousing@grenfell.mun.ca for information regarding room transfers. Please note that room transfer requests will not be possible during the first two weeks of the semester. 

Am I able to have overnight guests?

Students are permitted to have overnight guests for a maximum of 3 nights in a 7 night period. Students are encouraged to discuss overnight guests with their roommate(s). 

Are there security services at Grenfell Campus?

Yes, we have dedicated Campus Enforcement and Patrol (CEP) officers who are available 24 hours per day. CEP officers frequently do patrols within areas of Student Housing and are a great resource for students who live on campus. More information about CEP can be found here.

How do I apply for a parking permit?

To read more information about parking at Grenfell Campus, please click here.

Do I need to make an appointment to speak with someone from the Student Housing office?

We have an open door policy and welcome visits from students! Please do not hesitate to drop by our office to discuss any issues you may be having. We are a great resource and can often point students in the right direction! You can also give us a call at 709-637-6266 or email us at grenfellhousing@grenfell.mun.ca

Student Housing

Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland
20 University Drive, Corner Brook , NL
A2H 5G4, Canada

Office: RES221
Phone: (709) 637-6266
Email: grenfellhousing@grenfell.mun.ca

Grenfell Logo

© Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Corner Brook, NL Canada Toll Free 1-888-637-6269

Privacy Policy    Login    Library    Sitemap    Site Feedback    Contact

Grenfell Logo

© Grenfell Campus, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Corner Brook, NL Canada. Toll Free 1-888-637-6269

Privacy Policy




Site Feedback