Foreign Health Insurance
for important information related to Foreign Health Insurance.
Foreign Health Insurance Opt outs
Foreign Health Opt Outs for Spring 2023 will open around May 1, 2023. Deadline is May 22, 2023 To opt out, click here.
- Students can opt out of the foreign health and transfer to the student union health plan if they are registered as full time students (excludes work term students) and hold a valid MCP. This opt out and transfer is valid for the remainder of the academic year. This means that every Fall semester, international students will be reverted back to the foreign health plan and will have to opt out again, if eligible. If you completed this opt out in Fall 2022 or Winter 2023, you do not need to do it in Spring 2023.
- If you are studying outside of Canada you must opt out of insurance. To opt out, visit www.guard.me/mun during the opt out period to complete an Outside of Canada Waiver. If you opted out for this reason in Winter 2022, you still must opt out again in Spring 2022 if you are outside of Canada.
- Students registered for a work term will need to follow a different process to transfer to the student union plan.
- If you are an undergraduate student registered on a work term, and you wish to transfer to the student union health plan you cannot do so online. To opt out, you:
- Must ensure you have a valid MCP
- MCP is for coverage inside of NL. If you are out of province, you do not have MCP coverage unless you have successfully obtained Out of Province MCP Coverage
- Contact student union to opt in
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org proof of student union opt in before May 22, 2023.
- Graduate Students
Graduate students are only eligible to opt out in their first semester or Fall semester unless could not meet opt out deadlines due to delay/ineligibility of MCP coverage dates. Check the Graduate Student Union for more information here. Please email email@example.com with any questions related to health insurance.
For more information click here