Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
International Student Programming Coordinator
| 709-639-6525 |
I have been working with international students for a number of years, more recently in a similar role for Columbia College of Missouri, a private liberal arts college in the United States. I also spent some time working in marketing and external relations for the University of Ottawa.
I hold graduate degrees in business, international affairs, and higher education administration. In order to supplement my educational journey, I have completed professional development and short courses in management and intercultural communications at institutions like The Chicago John Marshall Law School and Harvard University. I have been part of regional, national, and international conversations on internationalization of higher education by being involved in professional organizations, publishing articles, attending conferences, and presenting at conferences.
After living in 9 cities in 4 countries, I bring a breadth of perspectives and experiences to our community. Moreover, having been an international student myself, I can relate to what our international students go through and I understand what sets Canada apart as a study destination. I am not a native English speaker. I went through an ESL program and had to take both the TOEFL and IELTS. I understand the challenges that come with studying in a second language. For these reasons, I believe I can be a strong and sincere advocate for our international students.
- Internationalization of Higher Education
- Experience of International Students
- Leadership in Higher Education
- Policy Analysis in International Education
- Social Media Customer Service in Higher Education.
- University of Missouri MizzouEd Diversity Champion
- 2018-2025 Ph.D. Administration and Policy in Education, Université Laval, Québec City, Canada
- 2017-2018 Certificate in Immigration: Law, Policy, and Procedures, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
- 2015-2017 M.Ed. Educational Leadership and policy Analysis with an Emphasis in Higher Education Leadership and Administration, University of Missouri, Columbia, USA
- 2016-2017 Graduate Certificate in Global Public Affairs, Harry S. Truman School of Public Affairs, University of Missouri, Columbia, USA
- 2014-2015 College Certificate in Student Affairs and Services, Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology, Toronto, Canada
- 2010-2011 M.Sc. International Marketing with a Specialization in Customer Management, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland UK
- 2010-2012 B.B.A. Law, Economics, and Management, Université de Poitiers, Angoulême, France
- 2007-2010 B.A. Consumer Sciences (International Education Stream), Université Laval, Québec City, Canada
- 2005-2007 College Diploma in Social Sciences and Humanities, Collège Gérald-Godin, Montréal, Canada
Arsenault, Patrick (2018) "Internationalization of Higher Education in Turmoil," The Vermont Connection: Vol. 39 , Article 8.
Arsenault, Patrick (2014) "Using Social Media for Effective Customer Service," The Vermont Connection: Vol. 35 , Article 3. Available at: